How to Choose a Windows Vista Laptop
A laptop or netbook running the Windows Vista operating system is a portable computer that comes packed with features for computing on the go, at school, or at work. Selecting the right computer for you depends on a few factors, and though they're smaller than desktop models are, they still offer the same types of features and benefits.
What Are Some Processor Options?
The processor is in many ways the power center of the computer, and different processors may perform in different ways. An ASUS notebook comes with a myriad of processor options to select from, so choose the machine with the processor that fits how you plan to use the device.
- One option when it comes to ASUS computers is to select a model with an Intel Atom processor. This option uses less power than other models do but is able to complete tasks quickly and efficiently. They're a wise option for gamers due to an enhancement of features for games.
- An Intel Core processor offers extended battery life and added security features.
- Select a laptop with an Intel Pentium dual-core processor, which means the processor uses two cores for added bus speed and a larger cache.
How Much Memory and Drive Space Do You Need?
Another factor to consider when you're looking for a laptop with Vista already installed is memory, which is different from hard-drive capacity, though both numbers are important in terms of how much space your computer has along with how efficiently it runs.
- Memory, also known as RAM or random-access memory, is what stores your notebook's software data and code that's in use. It works faster than HDD space does, so you don't need as much RAM as you do hard-drive space.
- Your machine's hard drive holds gigabytes or large amounts of data and files that stay on your machine, while RAM is what you're using every day for daily tasks.
- A Windows Vista device offers anywhere from 1 GB to 4 GB of memory, and HDD space that varies from less than 100 GB to 250 or more GB. Select the number that corresponds with how much you use the notebook, how many software programs or games and apps you have, and how often you'll be downloading new content.
What Are the Features of Windows Laptops?
These machines may look small, but they have numerous features to offer everyone from multipurpose users to specific users, like gamers.
- Select a design with a sturdy, shockproof exterior, so you won't have to worry if it slips from your hands or falls out of your bag.
- A high pixel resolution means that images are detailed, and colors are rich and vibrant.
- Quiet models prevent the annoying whirring of a noisy machine, creating a more peaceful computing experience.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by brands mentioned above.