Things to Know Before Purchasing an Aprilaire Home HVAC Filter
Aprilaire filters are designed to maximize the performance of your air purifier. They have a patented design that minimizes the flow of air that bypasses the filter. The Aprilaire Interlock Rail System allows for easy installation. Find the affordable Aprilaire filter you need on eBay.Aprilaire filter types
Pre-owned Aprilaire filters are for sale in four primary types: clean air, healthy home, odor, and allergy and asthma. These filters are not interchangeable since each is designed for a specific need. The type of filter is different from the size.
- Clean air - This filter is designed to minimize the amount of airborne particles such as dust that accumulate on your furniture and floor. This type is intended to eliminate dust, pet dander, pollen, bacteria, and mold spores.
- Healthy home - This type is designed to prevent allergens such as dust mites, dust, pet dander, pollen, mold spores, and bacteria from circulating through your home.
- Odor - This filter is optimized to reduce household odors like those from pets and cooking.
- Allergy and Asthma - This type is made to trap up to 99% of the particles that trigger allergies and asthma. These include dust, smog, dust mites, smoke, viruses, bacteria, pollen, and dust.
How often you change your Aprilaire filter will depend on the type of filter you have and the environment where you live. On average, the Aprilaire 213 air filters should be changed every 9 to 12 months.What a MERV rating can tell you about the filter
The Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value(MERV) is the standard used to rate the performance of air filters. A higher rating means finer filtration, which will reduce more harmful contaminants and particles from circulating in the air.
- Aprilaire 210 clean air filter has a MERV 11 rating.
- Aprilaire 213 healthy home filter has a MERV 13 rating.
- Aprilaire 213 odor reduction filter has a MERV 13 rating.
- Aprilaire 216 airborne allergy and asthma filter has a MERV 16 rating.
It is always a good idea to take note of the direction of the filter during removal. The new filter will come with instructions on how to install it. Typically, there will be an arrow on the filter. The arrow should be pointed in the direction of the airflow. This is critical for proper operation and to prevent damage to your system.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Aprilaire.