No matter what season, the right pair of brown leggings can make your look complete. Whether worn under a dress, a tunic, or with a cute shirt, leggings look neat and stylish. A good pair of leggings can also be used as pajamas, workout clothes, or an extra layer under your pants when its cold outside.How do you choose the right leggings?
- Size: For your leggings to look good, it is crucial that they fit, so dont just use your typical pant size. Instead, measure yourself with a tape measure and use a size chart to determine which size you need.
- Style: Decide whether you want ankle length or capri leggings. While the former is more conventional, capri leggings are a fit for petite women and those with shorter legs.
- Purpose: For work, choose black, brown, or grey leggings. For fun, your options are endless.
- A longer top: Pair your leggings with a long shirt, tunic, or dress to keep the correct proportions.
- Mix patterns with solids: If you are wearing colorful pants, choose a simple black or brown top. If you are wearing neutral pants in brown, black, or grey, pair them with a patterned top.
- Flat shoes: Generally, these look best with womens slim-cut pants, and there are many options to choose from.
- Ballet flats, which can be paired with capri leggings.
- Oxfords or brogues give women a professional, conservative look.
- Loafers or slip-ons are easy to put on and wear for casual occasions.
- Ankle boots. Choose a pair with short heels.
- Sneakers can be worn with leggings when when you are working out or just keeping busy.
- Sandals, whether espadrilles, flip-flops, gladiator style, are options for summer shoes.
No matter their size or color, taking proper care of your leggings can make them last much longer. Keep your clothes looking great by taking these measures.
- Turn your leggings inside out before washing them. This will help to preserve their color and design.
- Wash your leggings in cold water. Either hand wash them or use a washing machine on the gentle cycle. This is especially important for brown or black leggings, which fade easily.
- Use detergent meant for delicates. Harsher detergents can damage the fabric.
- If you are in a hurry, you can dry your leggings in a drier on the lowest setting. If you have time, lay them flat to dry. Do not hang your wet leggings to drip dry, as this will stretch the material and cause them to sag.
- Do not use fabric softener, which will damage the fabric, making it looser and less sweat-resistant.
- To store your leggings, fold or roll them and put them in a drawer. Do not hang them up; this will stretch them. Do not hang them in natural light, which can cause fading.