Starting with the Duplo LEGO series and progressing to sets containing thousands of pieces, the available LEGO kits include kits like Ninjago, Star Wars, and Minecraft. LEGO minifigures are people-shaped figures that can be integrated into other LEGO structures, and they include minifigures like Batman, Batgirl, and Disco Harley Quinn.What are LEGO minifigures?
Nicknamed minifig or fig, LEGO minifigures are characters that accompany LEGO sets. You can customize the figures by exchanging the head, torso, and legs with other minifigures. The following are some examples of the available character styles.
- Occupations: like doctors, firefighters, police officers, and construction workers.
- Hobbies and sports figures: like football players, hikers, swimmers, and dancers.
- Fictional characters: like robots, Batman, ninjas, The Simpsons, and aliens.
- Historical figures: like ancient warriors, explorer Vasco de Gama, Nelson Mandela, and Martin Luther King, Jr.
LEGO sets contain different sizes and shapes of interlocking bricks that children assemble by following instructions included in the set. Simple sets contain about 30 pieces whereas the most complex include up to 4,000 different bricks and accessories. Each LEGO set has a particular theme and includes special pieces like minifigures. Some themes depict historical events, realistic settings like an airport or a hospital, or scenes from movies or television.
- Star Wars sets offer scenes from the “Star Wars” movies and include minifigures in the forms of the main characters.
- Ninjago is a theme that started in 2011 and features a series of minifigures in ninja warrior garb. With these LEGO sets come LEGO vehicles and locations like the Temple of Light so you can recreate scenarios from the Ninjago TV show and movie.
- Batman kits are modeled after “The LEGO Batman Movie” and include the bricks and instructions to build everything from the Batcave to specific vehicles in the movie.
All minifigures stand 1-1/2 inches tall. This is the same height as four LEGO bricks, and each minifigure can attach to other LEGO pieces with their feet. All LEGO minifigures are the same size, which makes the different parts, like the head, torso, arms, and feet, interchangeable.Are LEGO people yellow?
Some kits contain LEGO minifigures that represent actual people, either from history or who are currently living. These minifigures are not all yellow; instead, they represent the skin tones of the particular individuals. Some examples of these are the Statue of Liberty minifigure, which is green, and Shaquille O’Neal’s minifigure, which is brown.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by LEGO.