L.L.Bean Sweaters for Women
Founded in 1912 by Leon Leonwood Bean, L.L.Bean is a company that specializes in clothing for outdoor situations. The L.L.Bean sweaters for women come in a wide range of styles, from fleece pullovers to cotton cardigans.What are the L.L.Bean sweater styles for women?
- Classic: These knits tend to have a pullover design with either a crew neck or a V neck. Some may have a turtleneck, and there are long sleeve and short sleeve versions.
- Cardigan: Cardigan sweaters button down the front and have full sleeves or three-quarter sleeves.
- Pullover jacket: These sweaters have a short zip to fasten the neck after you pull them over your head.
- Hooded: The hooded sweaters look like a knit version of a hoodie. Many styles lace at the neck.
- Open front: These drapey designs do not button or zip to close.
The company's sweaters are made from many different materials that all have different uses.
- Cotton: Cotton is a breathable material, and it is easily dyed in bright colors.
- Wool: Classic wool can be used for knit designs like cable knit, and it is warm.
- Cashmere: Cashmere sweaters use a smooth type of wool made from goats.
- Fleece: Made from polyester and other synthetic fibers, fleece has a fuzzy texture.
The brand has standard, petite, and plus sizes for their women's sweaters, and they sell items in a range of XS to 3X.
- X-Small: Equal to a U.S. women's size two or four, this fits those with a chest measurement of 33 to 34 inches.
- Small: The small fits women with a chest measurement of 35 to 36 inches, and it is equivalent to a size six or eight.
- Medium: Women who wear a U.S. 10 or 12 or have a chest measurement of 37 to 38 inches can fit in a medium.
- Large: A large at the company fits women who have a chest measurement of 40 to 41 inches. It is equivalent to a U.S. size 14 or 16.
- X-Large: The X-Large is equal to a U.S. 18 or 20. It fits those with a chest measurement of 43 to 45 inches.
- Petites: The petite sweaters follow the same chest measurements as the regular sizing, but the sleeves are a few inches shorter to accommodate those with shorter arms.
- Plus: These are for women who wear a size 1X, 2X, or 3X and have a chest measurement of 45 to 53 inches.