How to Select a Multi-Color LED Strip Light for your Car
LED strip lights are becoming increasingly popular for car lighting. More people are opting to use an LED light strip as opposed to incandescent and even halogen bulbs. LED lights are more efficient, brighter, and longer lasting.
They do not emit much heat, and they are easy to control and program as well. These strips come in compact packages which are resistant to shock, not to mention highly durable. Here are a few things to take into consideration before buying an LED strip light for your car.
What are the different types of LED lights?
There are two main choices of LED strip lights namely:
- Plug-and-play - All you need to do is measure the length of the strip you need, cut appropriately, peel back the adhesive, and plug in the light kit.
- Wired LED lighting - These types are harder to install and might require professional assistance. The available lengths range from 1m to 5m. Keep in mind that youll need an LED transformer to power this strip light on.
What else should I consider before buying LED lighting for my vehicle?
Its of prime importance to understand the different types of strips available before making any purchase.
- AC LED flex light - These lights are flexible and run straight from an outlet or a power adapter. All you need to do is plug into a power supply.
- DC LED light strip - This type is powered from 12VDC and is inclusive of an adhesive backing for easy mounting. A DC light strip is waterproof as well.
- LED rope light -They are encased in a standard rope light packaging and are ideal for trucks.
- High-power LED strip - This strip light emits an intense brightness that is ideal for exterior use.
What are the available color options for my cars LED strip lighting?
A significant benefit of using LED lights is the availability of different colors and temperatures.
This means that you can cast your LED strip in various shades of white light, enabling you to have full control over the ambiance.
Color temperatures are measured in "Kelvins" (K) ranging from:
- Warm white - This low-profile temperature ranges from 2200K - 3200K. The accent lighting is perfect for camping, as the underglow light is not too bright nor too dim.
- Daylight - Its the most popular setting with Kelvin measuring in at 4,000K - 4,500K.
- Cool white - This setting is ideal for a car trunk lighting and off-road use. The LED bulbs require 5,000K - 6,000K.
- Multicolor strip lights - Some LED lights come with multi-color options. This means a user can switch between a range of colors using the provided RGB remote control. You will be able to create special effect too such as flashing and fading.