How to Find the Right Car CD Player
Whether youre replacing your factory car stereo or are finally upgrading from a cassette player to a CD player in an older car, finding the right Panasonic CD player for your vehicle doesnt have to be difficult. With many features and models available, narrowing down the options to get to what you want out of a stereo can be painless after you learn more about these types of systems.
What Are Some Car Audio Player Features?
Choosing a receiver for your car means that you must make a few decisions as far as the types of features you desire in a system are concerned.
- You can keep your audio system secure when you select a model with a detachable face. This feature deters would-be thieves from making off with your in-dash stereo, which is rendered unusable without the face of the CD player.
- You dont have to be sitting in the drivers seat to control whats playing on the radio, as units with a remote control let backseat passengers or whoever is in the passenger seat next to you have a say in whats playing.
- An auxiliary input or USB input lets you connect other peripherals to the player to listen to music from other sources, such as a smartphone or an MP3 player.
What is 1-DIN vs. 2-DIN?
While youre browsing audio for your car, you may notice some models that are marked as 1-DIN or 2-DIN, but you might not know what that means in terms of these types of systems.
- 1-DIN and 2-DIN, also called single-DIN or double-DIN, are technically just terms that describe the size of the opening into which youre installing your stereo.
- The measurements of a single-DIN model are two inches by eight inches.
- On the other hand, a double-DIN car stereo is just a bit larger, fitting into spaces of four inches by eight inches, so youll need to know how large your space is before you purchase your car stereo to ensure a proper fit.
What Are Some Models to Consider?
Panasonic makes a wide range of car-stereo models, so make sure to select the one for you based on features, size, and your budget.
- The CQ-D5501W is an updated version of a vintage design. This model has an FM radio, digital display, and not only plays CDs, but it plays DVDs and MP3s too.
- You can add a touch of nostalgia with the bright, colorful face of the CQ-DFX501U model, which is a receiver that plays CDs and has a built-in radio. The detachable faceplate keeps your system secure, and there are 18 presets to customize your favorite stations.
- The single-DIN CQ-DF100U offers a detachable face along with a digital display and a built-in AM/FM radio.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Panasonic.