Choosing a Replacement Sanyo TV Inverter Board
Being able to see the picture on your Sanyo television is essential to enjoying your favorite shows and movies. When the screen isn't displaying the picture properly, you should consider trying to repair or replace the backlight inverter board.What is a TV inverter board?
Among the many parts that make your Sanyo function, the inverter plays a key role. It is a circuit board that passes the power current from the body of the device to the LCD screen by turning the direct current from the motherboard into alternating current. That current powers the backlight, allowing it to make images appear on the screen.What are signs of a faulty backlight inverter board?
Recognizing the symptoms of a faulty inverter is important. If you turn on the TV, shine a flashlight onto the screen, and see an image, it is likely that the inverter isn't working. Some other signs of a bad inverter on your main board include:
- A dimmed screen.
- Image distortion.
- No picture at all.
- A buzzing noise.
- An unusually high heat level.
Fitting the correct inverter part into your TV is necessary to ensure that it works correctly. There are a few things to consider when shopping for an inverter:
- Number of CCFL lamps - Options generally range from one to six bulbs.
- Dimming option - Inverters come with or without this function.
- Input voltage - Selecting the correct input voltage for your television is important to ensure its proper function and to prevent further damage.
On your Sanyo TV, the backlight inverter board and the motherboard are located inside the unit, behind the monitor case. They both are rectangular pieces of metal, but they function differently. The motherboard hosts a low-voltage level, which transfers to other parts of the television like a power source. The inverter takes that energy and transmits it into a much higher voltage to perform its function.How do you change a Sanyo TV inverter?
Use appropriate precautions when working on your television to guard against shock. An inverter can easily be replaced following these steps:
- Turn off the TV and unplug the power cord. Wait for the unit to cool before proceeding.
- Remove the outer case from the back.
- Locate and unscrew the metal shield to the inverter.
- Disconnect the connectors and replace with the new connectors and board.
- Reattach the metal shield and outer case.