Baking Accessories and Cake Decorating
There are many creative ways to personalize baked goods with sweet embellishments. Search for your favorite baking and cake decorating supplies. Find the essential tools you need to the enhance the look of a wide variety of delicious dessert treats.
What are some basic cake decoration accessories?
With a wide range of baking equipment and sugarcraft available, you can transform cakes into beautiful creations. Whether you’re decorating a wedding, birthday, or other specialty cake, you may want to create a checklist of the important cake decorating supplies.
- Cake Pans: These pans come in different shapes and sizes, including square, rectangular, and circular. There are also a variety of novelty pans for unique shapes, such as hearts, ring shapes, and diamonds. Once you have an idea of how you want the finished results to look, you can select the best pans to complete the job.
- Baking rings: These are often used for decorating layered cake. You can place the ring on a sheet pan and pour the batter inside. The ring slides off the easily once its cooled.
- Pastry brush: A pastry brush is a great tool for spreading butter or oil in the pan and toppings on the cake.
- Cake topper: A cake topper is ideal for adding the finishing touches to cakes for weddings and other special occasions. The topper cake decoration sits on the top to represent an event theme.
- Cake Stand: The cake stand is an elegant piece that places the dessert on a pedestal. These decorative stands are particularly used to display desserts at special events and in bakery galleries. Sugarcraft enthusiasts can choose from cake decorating stands for all types of occasions.
- Frosting spatula: This is an important kitchen utensil in cake decorating. The spatula is used to spread paste and frostings on cakes and other desserts.
What are edible decorating supplies?
Edible decorations are sugar arts used to decorate cakes, cupcakes, candy, and cookies. There are a variety of edible decorations for cakes, sugarcraft, and other baked goods. Chocolate and vanilla icings, sprinkles, and fondant icing are decorative elements for elegant pastries and cakes. Piping gel is an edible decoration used with whip cream or as a glaze over desserts.
What pan can you use for cupcakes?
Cupcake pans or mini cake pans along with baking cups or liners are key tools needed for creating their cupcakes small sizes. As with cake decoration, cupcakes can be decorated with a wide variety of icings, sprinkles, and more edible designs.