How to Find an Inverter Board for a Samsung TV
When an LCD set malfunctions, it's typical for many people to think the entire set is broken and toss it out before investing hundreds of dollars in a new one. However, before you do that, you should check the inverter board on your Samsung. This is a common problem that is a basic fix and costs much less than buying a new TV set.
How Do You Know When to Replace Your Inverter Board?
Your backlight inverter keeps the image on your screen bright and clear, and when this stops happening, it could be a problem with this specific part and not your entire Samsung television. Computers also use these types of panels.
- When you're watching TV, you'll notice that your screen flickers or dims.
- You turn your television on to catch your favorite show, and nothing happens at all. Your screen is pitch black with no picture.
- The picture on your set is visible, but it's distorted, has lines in it, or your TV is making an odd buzzing noise.
What Are Some Features of These Boards?
There are a few things to know about your backlight inverter board to help you get familiar with crucial component of your Samsung TV.
- An inverter has a great deal of power, and it requires high amounts of voltage in order to keep your screen as bright as it needs to be. Most boards put out from 500 to 700 watts of power to work properly.
- You don't need to use a Samsung backlight in your Samsung TV. Different brands that are compatible with your Samsung can be used as well, such as boards made by LG, Sharp, or Vizio, giving you some flexibility as you shop.
- All types of monitors and screens use inverters, and they're made for different types of tech, including CCFL boards, TFT, universal models, or smaller laptop boards.
How Do You Choose the Right Board?
Your tech experience may not be extensive, but you still need to replace your inverter to get your TV back to working again. To that end, how do you know you're getting the right part that will work with your set?
- Begin by checking the model number. An inverter can be a technical part made up of numerous connectors and modules; however, each one is stamped with a model number. Compare your old one to new boards to make sure you pick a compatible part.
- You can search by the size of your Samsung set. This allows you to double-check that you're getting the exact component you need.
- Other factors you may choose include the wattage (power) of the board as well as its brand.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by the brands mentioned above.