Toyotas Longest-Running Model: The Land Cruiser
In the world of cars, trucks, and SUVs, the Toyota Land Cruiser stands out above the rest. The first generation was produced between 1957 and 1970. What was originally designed for the outdoorsman who needed to travel off-road, up hills, and over rocks has morphed into a luxury vehicle. The one element that has always stayed the same, even after 60 years of manufacturing, is the ability to conquer whatever Mother Nature throws at it. As a true SUV, the Land Cruiser is built with the body on a frame.Which Features Come on a Land Cruiser?
- Engine - Whats under the hood is what powers the Toyota Land Cruiser and gives it its "get up and go." Over the years, the company continues to improve the engine and add more horsepower to keep drivers happy. For example, the early models had the option of a 3.4 L B I6 or 3.9 L F I6 engine, while those built after 2007 have even more options including a 4.0 L 1GR-FE V6, 4.6 L 1UR-FE V8, 4.7 L 2UZ-FE V8 and the 4.5 1VD-FTV V8 turbo diesel.
- Transmission - Later models come with a 6-speed Electronically Controlled automatic Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i), which means when you need it, the transmission will use shift mode and uphill/downhill logic to keep you moving. Overall, both the four-wheel drive, 6-speed and 8 speed automatic transmission boosts the ability to travel over rough terrain.
- Body - The overall body style of the SUV has changed immensely over the years, from trim to materials used. The first and second generation looked more like an army Jeep, while the more modern models are fashionable and fit into more urban environments.
- Four-Wheel Drive - When the terrain gets rough, shift it into four-wheel drive and go.
- Colors - Choose from the various colors available for the outside and inside of the vehicle. Choose from blue onyx pearl, brandywine mica, and blizzard pearl for the exterior and black or terra for the inside.
- Floor Mats - To keep the inside clean a good set of floor mats is a must. All-weather floor liners come up a bit on the sides to keep slush on the mat. Cargo mats are also an option.
- Cargo Accessories - Keep items neat and in their place with a cargo net or tote.
- Rear Seat Entertainment System - On the 2019 model, buyers have the option of picking a rear seat entertainment system which includes rear-seat DVD with two screens and two wireless headphones.
- Tablet Holder - For models that dont have an entertainment package, consider a table holder that connects to the back of the driver or passenger seat to keep the little ones entertained on long (or short) road trips.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Toyota.