Information to Know When Adding Yellow LED Lights to Your Car or Truck
When you need brighter lights on your car, truck, SUV, or other vehicle or you want to customize your vehicle, LEDs may give you the effect that you are seeking. LED lights come in a wide variety of different styles and types, all of which are installable on your automobile.What are LED lights?
LED stands for light-emitting diode. These lights are semiconductors that produce a visible bright light when an electric current passes through them. This type of lighting is more energy-efficient than traditional incandescent lights as they do not produce heat when they are in use. This also makes them safe to use on vehicles like cars and motorcycles. The bulbs are also made from epoxy lenses, making them more resistant to breakage when bumped.What types of yellow LED lights can you put on a car?
- Turn signal lights: These yellow lights are used to alert other drivers that the vehicle is intending to make a turn, change lanes, or pull over.
- Fog lamps: Bright LED lights can improve road visibility or make the automobile visible when the conditions are foggy or otherwise poor.
- Strip lights: These highly efficient light bulbs are combined into a durable strip that you can apply to the underside of the vehicle for unique ground effects.
- Strip headlights: A tube of yellow LED lights can be installed inside the headlight. They wrap around the border, illuminating the inside of the headlight. They often alert other drivers of the vehicles position on the road when there is low light or at night.
While upgrading your automobile with LED lighting can make it look unique or give it a sense of style, there are a few considerations you may want to make before you get started:
- Compatibility: Not all LED products may be compatible with your car. If you are looking to install lamps or headlights, you may need a lighting kit that will help make your LEDs work properly.
- Strip length: If you are looking at LED strips, be aware that they come in different lengths. Some LED lighting strips even come in up to 16 feet long, allowing you to outfit your vehicle in different ways. These strips may be able to be trimmed down to the length that you need.
- Number of bulbs: Headlight components and other automobile lighting components may use more than one bulb.
- Ease of installation: Depending on the type of LEDs you are installing, you may need a kit, additional hardware, or adhesives to make the LEDs stick. If you are replacing LEDs in the headlights, you need to be able to access the component. You may also want to verify that any strip lights that you use can be adhered to your vehicle without causing any damage to the paint.